When it comes to making the sale, every “Yes” you get from a customer who enters your store, means you are that much more likely to earn a sale. On the other hand, every “No” you get means the customer is that much more likely to walk away without making a purchase.
As you train associates to operate the register, process incoming freight, and practice safety in the workplace, make sure your team is also trained on an ongoing basis in building rapport, engaging customers, gaining their trust, and showing them additional or complimentary merchandise.
Here are 7 Questions customers should say an internal “YES” to
as they enter and explore your store:
- Do I like what I see?
- Does first contact make me comfortable?
- Can I easily find what I’m looking for?
- Is someone available to help, when I need it?
- Do I connect with this person?
- Do I trust this person’s product knowledge?
- Do they suggest another item I would enjoy, or that meets a need?
In addition to creating an environment and service level that encourages internal Yes’s to these questions, asking open ended questions to help customers express their needs, then listening, can turn a “Maybe” into a “Ring Me Up, Please!”
7 Open Ended Questions to Ask Retail Customers
- What brings you in today?
- How can I help?
- What can I help you find today?
- When is the last time you shopped with us?
- What’s on your list today?
- Who are you shopping for?
- What else can I help you with today?
If you’re ready to stock top-selling merchandise to inspire even more “Yes” moments from your customers, reach out to your Kerusso Rep today!