According to Coresight Research, the holiday shopping season accounts for over 21 percent of all U.S. retail sales.
November is a big deal, and Kerusso® is here to support your efforts to win the holiday shopping season. Read on for unique marketing ideas to help you sell more merchandise and make more money during this vital retail sales month.
5 Outside the Box Marketing Ideas for November
- Join theMovember Movement! No Shave November isn’t just a silly reason to rock a moustache — this movement to support men’s health causes has gained momentum over the past few years, and it’s a great way to get shoppers in the door. Offer a 5% discount to anyone with a moustache, give away fun stick on ‘staches and post photos on social media, and promote the cause.
- Print fliers and leave them...everywhere! Hire a high school or college kid to leave fliers (¼ sheets will save on paper) on windshields at the local mall, big box stores, and on cars in parking lots and along the street within a few blocks of your shop. Offer an exclusive coupon, a free gift, refreshments, or some other compelling reason to visit your store.
- Kindness Counts. National Kindness Day is 11.13, and National Random Acts of Kindness Week is November 18-22. Think of cool ways your store can bless someone in your community through special gifts, acts of kindness, or service. Promote the event on social media, in store, and via email. Take pics and video of your staff committing Random Acts of Kindness (RAKs), and encourage your followers to do the same. Invite shoppers to sign a local friend or loved one up to win a gift basket (a fun way to surprise someone), and promote this opportunity on all channels.
- Honor Veterans on Veteran’s Day. Monday, November 11 isn’t the only day we should lift-up our nation’s military heroes and their families, but it’s a great day to give them a special shoutout. Promote a discount for all members of the U.S. Military and their families, and to local police, fire, and emergency service folks if you’d like. In addition, if veteran’s organizations in your community are in need, find out how your store can support them; invite the public to help.
- Host a Coloring Contest. Keep little ones occupied while mom and dad shop with a fun coloring station. Stock up on crayons and plenty of black and white turkey printouts, and offer a random prize drawing for participants. Consider making a donation to your church’s youth group in exchange for weekend help from teens, and hold the event for 1-2 weeks in advance of Thanksgiving. Promote-promote-promote and you’ll boost your pre-Thanksgiving sales, and earn the appreciation of busy parents, too!
Want to Save 5% on Your Entire Order This Month?
Reach Out to Your Rep to Learn More!